What is a juice cleanse?
When done correctly, a juice cleanse is a healthy way to detox and nourish your body. It’s taking a few days from your regular diet to only consume high-quality, natural, plant-based ingredients packed with vitamins, minerals and micronutrients your body needs. Consumption is in the form of juices (and in Greenleaf’s case house-made nut milks too). You cut calories, eliminate toxins and give your body a break from the ultra-processed foods most of us consume on a daily basis.
At Greenleaf, we’ve carefully crafted our cleanses to provide the best possible experience. From ensuring they taste delicious to delivering the optimal nutritional value (see the nutritional facts). We’ve done this by focusing on what your body needs and simply refusing to settle on quality. We only use 100% organic fruits and vegetables in our juices and include our delectable, house-made cashew and almond milks for extra protein and balance. All of our juices and nut milks are made fresh each morning, so you get the very best product and experience (no compromising).
Why do a juice cleanse?
Doing a juice cleanse is about a lot more than losing weight. It’s about restoring balance to your diet and improving your overall health and wellness. For example, if you’re consistently craving junk food, a cleanse will force you to take a break from your current eating habits and get your body back on track.
The most important thing is that it leaves you feeling good and why our customers say they come back – to feel great after their cleanse. And that’s our goal, to leaving you feeling like this:
Today, our diets include more toxins and processed foods than ever before. Our livers and immune system just weren’t designed to handle it, leaving us feeling less energetic, more tired and stressed, struggling to lose or maintain weight, and more susceptible to illness.
Studies show the health benefits of juice cleanses include:
- Restoring energy
- Improving digestion
- Encouraging a healthy balance of flora in the stomach
- Lowering risk of cardiovascular disease
- Protecting against certain forms of cancer
- Strengthening the immune system by giving you a boost of antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals
- Reducing chronic symptoms such as headaches, rashes, general aches, congested sinuses and chest and bloating/cramping.
- Helping reduce cell damage
- Reducing inflammation
- Supporting brain and kidney health
- Softening your skin.
Sources: 1, 2, 3
A few more reasons why consuming organic, plant-based foods will help you be healthier and feel good:
- Only 6% of American adults eat the recommended serving (2 ½ cups) of vegetables per day, according to the Produce for Better Health Foundation. (even lower for pre-teens and teens) Source
- More than half of what Americans eat is “ultra-processed.” Source
- Only 38% of Americans actually eat a healthy, well-balanced diet, according to the study. Source (Oregon State University)
- A recent Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital study found that getting protein from plant-based products, instead of meat, could significantly increase life expectancy. Source
- A study conducted by University of Oxford found that plant-based diets cause half the climate-warming emissions as carnivorous diets and will reduce the carbon footprint more than giving up cars. Source
Greenleaf products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Why Greenleaf is different than other cleanses?
100% organic for a reason.
Greenleaf is dedicated to providing the most nutritionally beneficial cleanse program available. One major difference between our cleanse and many others is that we use 100% organic ingredients. We do this because consuming juice from non-organic produce isn’t safe. When produce is juiced it removes most of the fiber leaving you more susceptible to harmful pesticides. Using organically grown fruits and vegetables is the only way to avoid the cocktail of chemical poisons present in commercially grown food. The National Academy of Sciences reports that 90% of the chemicals applied to foods have not been tested for long-term health effects before being deemed “safe.”
Organic produce is also more nutritious. According to a study by the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, “organic crops contained significantly more vitamin C, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus and significantly less nitrates than conventional crops.” On average, organically grown foods provide: 21.1% more iron (than their conventional counterparts); 27% more vitamin C; 29.3% more magnesium; 13.6% more phosphorus.
Other reasons to go organic:
- Taste! – Organically grown foods often taste better because of being grown in more well-balanced soil and produce healthier, stronger plants.
- Avoid GMOs – Foods certified organic cannot contain any genetically modified ingredients by law, which is why going organic is the only way to ensure you’re keeping GMOs out of your diet.
- Preserve our ecosystems – Organic farming supports sustenance, promotes biodiversity and ensures we’re not interfering with or harming natural wildlife and ecology.
- Protect our environment – Agricultural chemicals, pesticides and fertilizers contaminate and pollute our water, air and soil. Certified organic standards do not permit the use of toxic chemicals in farming.
- Preserve agricultural diversity – In contrast to conventional farming, many organic farms grow an assorted range of food, taking natural elements and time-tested tradition into account.
- Support farming directly – There are still a lot less organic farms than commercial farms and they’re often family-owned. They are profitable and they farm in harmony with their surrounding environment.4
Crafted for a great experience.
Greenleaf juices are made to deliver not only the nutritional, natural benefits of organic fruits and vegetables but also the highest possible levels of protein. Our unique cleanse program also includes delicious, filling, protein-packed cashew and almond milks. We offer a variety of flavor preferences which give you the ability to pick the options best suited to your needs and palate. For example you can select less fruit-oriented juices to reduce the natural sugar and get more greens. We encourage you to customize your order to your satisfaction!
No extended shelf life, made fresh each day.
We make our juices and nut milks fresh each morning so you get the best possible flavor and quality. Real juice lasts for days, not weeks on a shelf. When companies treat their juices with HPP or heating to extend shelf life they kill a huge percentage of nutrients. We keep it fresh so you get the real thing. Just two pounds of organic fruits and vegetables in every bottle, nothing else.
Pick up and delivery.
We offer local pickup and delivery options! Check the zip codes on the delivery product pages to see if you can have cold-pressed juice delivered right to your doorstep. Subscriptions coming soon.
Here for you.
If you have any questions at all please ask! We want to ensure you feel informed. You can even contact us online with any questions or feedback. Cleanses do include materials such as the recommended order for drinking your juices.
Example of the nutritional value from one day of our signature Greenleaf cleanse:
| ~1,400 calories
Percent Daily Values (%DV) are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower based on your individual needs.
How long should your cleanse last?
There is no one right answer for this, it all depends on what you decide is right for you. The most common time periods we see for cleanses are 3 and 5 days, but it’s a wide range so do what feels right for you. Our juices are best within 3-4 days and you can pick them up fresh each day. We do recommend consumption within 12 hours of opening for best experience.
Can anyone do a cleanse?
Greenleaf juices are made with raw fruits and vegetables and no added preservatives or pasteurization which may not make them suitable for everyone.
We don’t recommend doing a cleanse if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, a child or elderly, have a compromised immune system, or have certain medical conditions. Please check with a medical professional if you have any questions about whether you should do a cleanse.